3 Minute Flatliner Raclette & Wild Mushroom Cheesesteak
Wild Mushroom Escabeche:
► 2 lbs. wild mushroom mix
► 1 cup sherry vinegar
► ¼ cup white wine vinegar
► 2 sprigs fresh Thyme
► 2 sprigs fresh Italian parsley
► 1 tablespoon brown sugar
► 3 cloves garlic, minced
► 2 garlic cloves, whole and smashed
► ½ small yellow onion, julienne
► 1 shallot, julienne
► 2 handfuls arugula
► 4 tablespoons olive oil
► Salt and cracked black pepper to taste
Raclette Cheese Sauce:
► ½ lb Raclette cheese, diced or shredded
► ¼ lb Fontina cheese, shredded
► 3 cups half and half
► 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
► 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
► 4 italian rolls
► 4 portions Devault Ribeye Sliced Steak
► Optional Sriracha Hot Sauce
- Clean and slice mushrooms. Toss with picked thyme, whole smashed garlic clove, 2 T olive oil, salt and pepper. Preheat oven to 400F. Lay mushrooms out in one layer on sheet pan, roast for 10- 15 minutes. Mushrooms should be browned and fragrant. Remove from oven and reserve.
- In small saucepan, gently sweat onion, shallot, and minced garlic, in olive oil. Add sherry vinegar, white wine, and brown sugar. Reduce to ¼ original volume. Finished sauce should be thick but not syrupy.
- Remove smashed garlic from mushrooms. Place mushrooms in mixing bowl and add reduction, remaining herbs, and arugula. Adjust seasoning with salt, fresh cracked black pepper, and olive oil. Mix well and reserve.
Raclette Cheese Sauce:
- In small saucepan, melt butter over low heat and add flour to make roux. Mix well with wooden spoon over medium-low heat until roux is consistency of wet sand, fragrance is reminiscent of popcorn, and color is blonde. Do not brown roux. Add half & half slowly, mixing with wooden spoon constantly so roux does not settle and burn.
- Bring mixture to boil and reduce heat to low to thicken béchamel. Cook gently, stirring often, for approximately 20 minutes. Once thickened and the taste of raw flour is gone, add cheese and stir until smooth. Adjust seasoning with salt if desired. If sauce thickens too much, add half & half until desired consistency. Reserve.
- On flattop grill or cast iron pan, cook Devault Ribeye Sliced Steak and chop to desired consistency using spatula. Once cooked through, approx. 3 minutes, add to Italian roll.
- Add wild mushroom escabeche and cheese sauce.